Thursday, January 15, 2015

Being A Christian

When you hear the word Christian I assume most like to think of a person who's got it all together. Their life is perfect, especially if they grew up in a Christian home. If you're like me you think that everybody around you has had a perfect life, that it is perfect. I realized something tonight... 

The broken down, tired of life, struggling through their days, are the ones who seem the happiest. 

People that are just. like. me. ... 

I'm a Christian. I truly believe that God sent his one and only son Jesus as a living sacrifice for our sins. But I always thought I was the only one lost and broken down. Which was absolutely ridiculous because I know so many details of my fellow believers lives. Past and present. So many times I've prayed for them. 

It took me until tonight to realize not a single Christian's life becomes a happily ever after the second they begin believing. 

I've been a Christian for many years now and I still have yet to find that happily ever after. But through the struggles I do find peace knowing I have a loving, caring, holy being by my side with me always. 

This may all sound cliche but it's true. I know words can never truly express what one feels. 

Jesus loves you. He loves you for you. Your mistakes, failures, He's willing to carry your burdens. He loves you for your triumphs, your good deeds, your love you give to others. 

But most importantly, He is there for you! 

He doesn't promise that everything will get better the instance you accept Him into your life, but He does promise He will be there through it all. 

Every person who's ever been hurt by another human, anytime you've felt alone, anytime you rejoice, He's been there. Nobody has ever had a perfect life, Jesus didn't even have one.  He was put to death in the cross by the ones He loved! 

But the story doesn't end there, oh no! 

We know the ending to the story, Jesus wins. We will live happily ever after. For eternity! Though we all go through the sins of a fallen world now, there will be a new Heaven and a new Earth, one in which there is no pain or suffering. One where every Christian will have a perfect life full of love. 


If you look around now and seeing those whom say they have a perfect life, especially if their non-believers, don't believe it for a second. Every Christina I know has their struggles. But it's the love of God and fellow believers in which peace can be found. It's the times of hurt, of anger, of struggles that brings the love of Christ and the happiness that will alter your view on life's perfection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment