Friday, December 12, 2014

So proud!

I just want to take a post and brag about my little sister. She's 14, and sometimes our 6 year difference is hard on both of us. I remember 8th grade, and the things she's going through now, a lot of it I did too. Only difference, I only knew my friends at this point about a year and a half as we had just moved there, but she got to grow up with these kids! And she gets the annoying, "oh! Are you Tori's little sister?" ;) 

But, I'm so glad that we have such an amazing relationship that she is open to asking for help and advice. The other day she face timed me on my break at work just so I could help her on her science homework. It was fantastic! 

The real reason I want to blog about Miss Punky is because of how proud I am of her! She got her first major injury the other day... A sprained wrist! Granted, by her age I've already had a broken arm, but she's got me beat. She found a sport she enjoys more than any other. SWIMMING! This child, I tell you, is a fish! I'm so proud she found something to call her own, because for so long she was always wanting to be a Mini-Me. I know practically nothing about swimming (last year I new nothing at all) but I love being able to watch her swim and enjoy every minute of it. It makes my heart happy seeing her happy. And, her captain from this year, I knew in high school as she was a few years younger and we were in band stuff together, is such a good influence on her I can't help but be thankful for her too. 

Back to her wrist, is it bad that I'm proud of her for that?! I mean, I don't want her going out and intentionally hurting herself, I sorta feel like the big brother of the situation though. I'm glad it's nothing too serious like a concussion or whatever, I mean, it's her non-dominate wrist so she can still write fine. And I face timed her last night just to see how she was feeling about it, so I care, but I still think it's awesome she has her first major injury. :) 


I just love my sister! Punky, I can't wait to be home for Christmas! I miss you so stinking much! MWAH! 
 There she is! She's the tall one with the green cap. She's even taller than me! The butthead... 

And this is the family cheering her on at a meet. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment